Elo Life Systems
Elo Life Systems (“Elo”) is rethinking and empowering the future of sustainable healthy food. Using its precision breeding technologies, genomics and data analytics, machine learning, gene editing capabilities, and agronomic expertise, Elo creates innovative plant-based foods that are good for you and good for the planet.
The company is currently advancing its first products from R&D to field testing and building relationships with commercial partners to evaluate and design whole new applications in the food and beverage industry. For example, Elo has created a natural low-calorie sweetener that has broad application as a healthier (and tastier) substitute for sugar and harmful artificial sweeteners. And in partnership with Dole, Elo is protecting important foods against destructive diseases, such as the rapidly spreading Banana Fusarium wilt caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense tropical race 4 (TR4) fungus, which is decimating the world-wide production of bananas.
With its R&D engine fully primed, the company is developing plans to launch multiple new commercial products over the next five years. And we are evaluating even more new R&D opportunities that further our mission to improve nutrition and sustainability through innovative foods.
Elo’s core values reflect the importance of its mission and the motivations of its teams, which are needed to tackle the toughest challenges. The company is looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds that exemplify the same.
We empower imagination and risk-taking that shatters conventional wisdom.
We achieve durable success by building open and collaborative relationships with our colleagues, commercial partners, and consumers.
The product of people and velocity allows a small object to exert tremendous force. With our team in motion, nothing can stop us.
Our products feed families, so our dedication to meeting the highest standards must never waver.
Elo Life Systems is in the Research Triangle Park, NC, a world-renowned Ag Tech center. This position is not expected to travel significantly. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Director, Translational Agriculture, the Research Associate – Plant Tissue Culture and Transformation plays an important role for Elo’s produce pipeline development through plant tissue culture, propagation, transformation, and regeneration.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a depth of experience that includes the following competencies and skills.
- Extensive experience in crop transformation, particularly with specialty crops including fruits and vegetables.
- Significant hand-on experience with multiple plant transformation technologies, including Agrobacterium and biolistic transformation are highly preferred
- Hands-on experience with recalcitrant crop transformation is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with embryogenic cell suspension and cryopreservation of plant materials is appreciated
- Experience with microscopic imaging is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; understands how to collaborate effectively with others to drive results; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Demonstrates accountability, responsibility, and integrity in every aspect of professional life at Elo and upholds Company values in all they do
- Work with multiple scientists to carry end-to-end plant tissue culture and transformation tasks including explant preparation, transformation, selection, sub-culture and acclimation, according to Elo’s proprietary protocols
- Prepare plant growth media as needed
- Sample and collect plant materials are various stages for detection and analysis
- Provide accurate and clear communication as well as detailed experimental recording to internal customers and stake holders
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment
The Successful Applicant
- Has a degree of M.S or B.S. in plant biology, horticulture or related field with more than two years of related tissue culture experience
- Has a collaborative attitude with a desire to learn while delivering high quality results
- Is able to work in a sterile tissue culture hood for extended periods of time every day
- Is willing to work any weekday and occasionally in the weekends
- Prior experience in a fast-paced technology company a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and benefits to all team members. For health benefits we pay 100% of employees and their family members!
Elo Life Systems, Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
To be considered for this position, please fill out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields