Elo is the next-generation ingredient company. We are reimagining the future of food – focusing on ingredients that empower consumers to feel good about the food they eat every day. From unique plant-based sweeteners to saving crops like the banana from extinction, Elo harnesses the untapped potential of nature to make food tastier, healthier and resilient while requiring less from the planet.
We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park in North Carolina, a world-renowned center for agtech, where we recently expanded into a new, state of the art greenhouses that provide 10,000 sq. feet of space for our cornucopia of molecular-farming crops. Backed by a strong investor base, we have raised $45 million to date, including a $20.5 funding round earlier this year.
Elo Life Systems is located in Research Triangle Park, NC, a world-renowned AgTech center.
About the Role:
Reporting to the SVP, Global Manufacturing, Operations and Regulatory, the Supply Chain Lead will be a key member of the Manufacturing team. This role will be responsible for developing and managing Elo’s end-to-end agricultural supply chain to deliver products, costs, productivity, quality, and logistics. This position provides the unique opportunity to help design and build Elo’s agricultural supply chain and production capabilities as well as contribute to building the team that will support Elo’s first product launches.
- Deep expertise and hands-on experience building and managing end-to-end agricultural supply chains.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to influence and build trust with team members as well as with external partners.
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys new challenges each day.
- Bias for taking action and creative problem-solving.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow through to ensure projects are completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Unyielding integrity and commitment to upholding Elo’s values.
Key Responsibilities, Including but not Limited to:
- Develop and manage Elo’s operational and financial manufacturing plans to timely deliver products, costs (including COGs), productivity, quality, and logistics.
- Assess supply chain capabilities and build key partnerships to ensure Elo’s production processes are scalable, repeatable, competitive, and meet applicable quality standards.
- Design and implement transfer of S&OP requirements into manufacturing demand planning deliverables and timelines.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot Elo’s end-to-end agricultural supply chain working with internal partners as well as external partners (agricultural and food processing) to ensure timely delivery of Elo’s ingredients.
- Work cross functionally with R&D, commercial and finance teams to develop timelines and dashboards on manufacturing operations and production performance against real time targets.
- Own overall manufacturing KPIs including productivity, cost, quality, inventory, and service.
- Work with VP, Agricultural Operations & Production and Process Engineer to optimize supply chain, manage external logistics and supply chain partners, source ingredients and manage inventory to ensure efficiency of manufacturing operations.
- Provide regular updates and forecasts to SVP Global Manufacturing/management team, and coordinate with Elo’s R&D and commercial teams, for crop handoff, production volumes and processing of Elo’s ingredients.
- Travel up to 50% of the time, particularly during peak seasons, which could be within a multi-state region.
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field and MBA or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of proven experience overseeing manufacturing operations, preferably in food/ingredients & agriculture.
- Broad knowledge of crop systems, particularly involving fruits and vegetables.
- Knowledge of biotechnology and its applications in agriculture are preferred but not required.
- A solutions-oriented thought leader able to identify areas of improvement, problem-solve and implement new processes.
- Experience in both large (>5,000 emp.) and small (<100 emp.) companies preferred but not required.
We offer a very competitive compensation package, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and benefits to all team members. For health benefits we pay 100% of employees and their family members!
Elo Life Systems, Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
To be considered for this position, please fill out the form below.